TUESDAY: BLOUSE + SKIRT
I have so many work blouses but they are mostly in cream. A printed blouse is so much more fun to wear. I personally prefer a blouse that has sleeves with a higher neckline for work which is why I love this outfit so much. It’s feminine and can be worn in lighter or darker colors which are both appropriate for a work place.
1. Theyskens’ Theory Babul Igate Blouse
2. Topshop Black Ribbed Pleated Skirt
3. Proenza Schouler PS11
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Logo Disc Stud Earrings
5. Marc By Marc Jacobs Mega Mesh Faceted Lock Bracelet
6. Alice and Olivia Dina Single Sole Pumps
What I wore to work:
MONDAY: BLAZER + TOP + PANTS
As you all probably already know by now I don’t work in an extremely corporate environment. My work place is rather casual and I don’t remember the last time I wore a shirt unless I had a meeting or a client to see. This combination is probably one of my favorite combinations in terms of a “work uniform”. I mean how can you go wrong with an ivory blazer? It is sleek, smart and effortless all at the same time.
1. Splendid Grey Tee (30% off)
2. Juicy Couture Belted Pants (30% off)
3. Alexander Wang Devere Satchel
4. Elizabeth and James Heels
5. Alexander Wang Blazer or Topshop Blazer (below)
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch
7. Ray-Ban Folding Wayfarers
I’ve also mixed and matched the ivory blazer and black pants combination with a pink singlet and also a striped tee for a bit of fun.
Stay tuned for Tuesday’s attire!
With the blustery blues and blacks of winter officially now behind us, it’s time to welcome the return to warmer Spring temperatures. One way to express your appreciation for the new season is by incorporating some botanical floral prints into your daily outfit. Florals were all the rage at New York Spring Fashion Week 2012 and our local Australian designers are also releasing their take on this classical look. Here are some tips to get started!
Pairing a pair of floral shorts, pants or skirts with a plain white or colored top can really make for a great clean versatile look. Wear it to the office or to a catch up with the girls!
If you’re in a more casual mood throw on a floral printed shirt and again contrast it with some plain pants or shorts.
This season designers are also releasing blazers in botanical floral prints. These blazers are true statement pieces sure to catch even the laziest eye!
As we head into the Spring racing carnival season, don’t be afraid to go all out with a full floral print outfit. The caveat here is to make sure the prints don’t clash.
Finally, if you are feeling particularly bold, why not try wearing a full suit in the one print for a bit of fun!
Anonymous asked: How do you style leather pants?!
Hello! I believe you can style leather pants with practically anything! Below are some of my favourite combinations:
1) Silk shirts on its own or with a vest or blazer
2) Tweed jacket with silk blouse inside
3) Loose cotton shirts – it can be white or a blue chambray
4) Loose jumpers – can be cropped or long
5) Loose grey or white tee either loosely tucked in or left out
I’m currently loving leather pants from Current/Elliot, JBrand, Alice and Olivia, Theory, Faith Connexion and Helmut Lang.
Here are more photos for inspiration:
Hope this helps! =)
Minimalist yet so chic. This is the style I’ve been aiming for ALL year long!